Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:00 – 2:00 pm
The Downtown Issaquah Association is pleased to announce the 3rd annual “Issaquah Goes Apples!” This community event celebrates the harvest season in historic Downtown Issaquah with a variety of fun activities including a farm fresh produce pop-up market, walking tours, art experiences, seasonal photo opportunities and more.
Local farmers will be at the Historic Shell Station with a bounty of farm fresh produce. Shop the market and enjoy family-friendly activities throughout town.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Farm fresh pop-up and merchant market
- Make cider on an old-fashioned apple press
- Create your own glass pumpkin! Pre-registration recommended at www.artbyfire.com or call 425-996-8867.
- Seasonal photo opportunities – pumpkins, hay bales, corn stalks at various downtown locations
- Live music throughout the day
- Apple inspired food; Max World Take-Out, Fisher Meats, PCC apple tasting and more.
- Pick a pumpkin to take home
- Turkey carving demonstration at Fischer meats (times TBD, check website for details)
- Walking tours (times TBD, check website for details)
- Scarecrow – people choice award
- Visit participating merchants & vote for your favorite! Locations & voting forms will be available at the Shell
Submit apple themed art (in 2D format) between now and Oct 12th to be considered for a variety of prizes sponsored by downtown businesses including Art by Fire, ArtEast and Ekta Gupta Studios.
- All interested persons are encouraged to submit their art for consideration.
- All artwork must include an apple or apple theme
- Art should be in 2D format and no larger than 10”x12”
- Submit a photo of your art by 5:00 pm, Friday, October 12th to email@example.com
- Submit in .jpg format less than 2MB
- Acceptable media: paint, watercolor, crayon, pencil, photography
- Submit your art, including:
- Full name
- Phone & email
- Description of your art
That’s it — easy! We look forward to seeing your submittals. If you have any questions call ArtEast at (425) 392-3191 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: October 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Art Intake: Thursday, October 19, no later than 5:00 pm @ ArtEast 95 Front St N, Issaquah
Winners will be announced at a “Meet the Artist” reception at ArtEast on October 20th (time TBD)
Art exhibitions: Art will be displayed at ArtEast Gallery
DECORATE DOWNTOWN WITH A SCARECROW!
Help us bring festive Fall fun downtown by creating a scarecrow with your friends, family or business at our community scarecrow contest! Scarecrows will be displayed October 20 – November 10 throughout downtown. Judging will be based on originality, creativity and seasonal spirit (entries must include an apple). Build your own and and bring it in, or join us Saturday, October13 from 1:00 – 5:00 pm at The Grange/Issaquah (145 NE Gilman Blvd) for some afternoon fun. Free straw, clothing and props will be available day of event at Grange. Entry forms available at email@example.com
For more info visit our website at www.downtownissaquah.com or contact: Gaila Gutierrez at 425.391.1112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: @DowntownIssaquahAssociation Instagram: dt_Issaquah
Thank you to our sponsors: The Grange, PCC Markets, Marlows Fine Jewelry, Best in Class Education, ArtEast, The Reporter, United Reprographics, KIND, Talking Rain