Before you start the jury submission process, please review the following requirements for our collective gallery:
- You must live in the greater Puget Sound area
- You must provide a non-refundable $25 jury fee when you apply
- You must join artEAST and maintain membership (if selected), a $50 annual fee
- You must pay an annual display fee of $35
- The consignment fee on all sales is 50%; you retain 50%
- You will be paid monthly by the middle of the next month for the prior month’s sales
- You are expected to participate in the organization
- Email is the primary form of communication
Upon acceptance into the artEAST Gallery, our artist agreement and rules will be provided to you, along with an inventory form and W-9 form for you to complete. When you deliver your work, please also provide 10 copies of your artist statement.
Initially, you will participate at the Gallery Artist level. After a period of time, you can move into a larger participatory role, providing retail sales or other support, for increased artist revenue. You may not substitute any new form, medium, or quality of work without going through the jury process again.
- Submit images of 5 pieces of work: one digital photo of each full piece and up to 5 additional photos of details for a maximum of 10 photos. 2-D artists, please include at least two detail photos showing the front and back of your typical framing.
- All artwork must be original and the same work that will be brought to the Gallery upon acceptance.
- Two dimensional art must be framed, wired, and ready to hang. Appropriate frameless presentation should have a professional appearance. Hanging solutions must be secure; alligator clips are prohibited.
Before you begin, have the following information ready:
- Your contact information
- A brief artist’s statement, and a statement about your process and materials
- 2 references, with a phone number and email for each
- 5 images of your work. You can also provide detail images, up to 5 more.
- An online payment method for the processing fee
Prepare Your Image Files
Have digital files of your art ready to upload according to the following specifications:
- Submit images of 5 pieces of work: one digital photo of each full piece and up to 5 additional photos of details for a maximum of 10 photos.
- 2-D artists, please include at least two detail photos showing the front and back of your typical framing.
- Please format your images as follows:
- File format: JPEG only
- File size: 3 MB maximum
- Rename your files with your last name and a number. For example: Doe_01.jpg, Doe_02.jpg.
Please note that our photo requirements are intended to help us jury your work effectively. Photos must be of sufficient size that we can do that; thumbnails or other small versions are not adequate. If you need help with taking good photos, enlist the aid of friends or family.
Submit to the Jury
If you meet the requirements and jury submission is open, follow the links in each of these steps to complete the submission process. Note:. Links are active only when jury submissions are being accepted.
- Provide your contact information and statements.
- Upload your files.
- Pay the submission fee.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com. We look forward to your submission.