Volunteer Position: 10 Hours/Show
Oversee the Gala Auction. Manage a substantial team of volunteers – most are currently in place and experienced with the event and the site. Sound like you? If you can help with this position, please email email@example.com.
The Auction Chair is responsible for the event by overseeing all committees and being available to help with any problems that might arise. Keep the team on schedule by setting expectations, motivating, and empowering committee members to be successful. Host regular report meetings with key gala leadership and report progress, issues and needs to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Work with the Board and Executive Director to set revenue and expense goals and strategies to meet those goals. Record and catalog results for next year’s event.
- Organized and detail-minded, while strategic in oversight.
- Excellent delegation, communication and motivational skills.
- Previous auction experience required.
Split between your home and the artEAST office, plus some time at the event.
- Highly variable time commitment.
- November-April: 1-2 hours/week initially to significant time commitment during final weeks of planning