Join the Team. Build the Dream.
If you can dream it, you can build it … But it takes people to make the dream a reality. Walt Disney
artEAST is volunteer-powered. Each week volunteers share more than 100 hours of their entrepreneurial and passionate spirit to build this dream. Volunteers not only assist with existing programs, they imagine, initiate, and lead new ones.
We need help in specific roles (below) as well as on an ad-hoc, ongoing basis. If you can help with any of these events, or have a talent and passion you want to share, please email email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Volunteer at artEAST Events
artEAST is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help with various tasks at our events, including Art Walk, opening receptions, Holiday Marketplace, and auctions.
- Events. Help organize our popular events: Art in the Garden, Holiday Small Works Sale, Studio Sale, Collective Works receptions (about 6 per year), Meet the Artists Gallery receptions (2 per year), Gallery Holiday events (Valentines, Halloween, etc.). We need your help to brainstorm creative ideas to market the events, as well as with setup and cleanup.
- Hospitality: Help us sort out food and beverages for receptions. Sign up for one or multiple artEAST receptions. Help with bar tending food prep, décor, setup and or cleanup.
- Volunteer Coordinator. Organize volunteers to help at events: Salmon Days, Art Alley, receptions, etc. We have the volunteers, but need the lead person who can take the names and find out what jobs people might enjoy.
- Facilities: Help care for and refurbish the Art Center (painting, carpentry, installing lights, etc.). Special skills like electrical, plumbing, or carpentry a plus but not required! We need varying amounts of help all year, with special work parties 2-3 times a year.
- ArtEAST Ambassadors: Be an ‘extra set of hands’ during busy events, greeting customers, assisting the sales staff, explaining about our classes and show opportunities. Come help folks understand who we are!
- ART Walk/Art Alley: Help organize art activities for adults and children, assist with setup/teardown, demo art making techniques, answer questions and represent the organization. We’ve extend our Art Center activities to the street and there are many opportunities to help during these successful Friday evening events. Time commitment for any or all of these days: Fridays, 4–9pm, June 7, July 5, August 2, September 6
- Auction Volunteers: For our spring auction 150′ of Art: Closers, check in/check out helpers, inventory and follow-up, on April 9 and April 27. For our fall gala, all types of help needed, from procurement to promotion, section closers, to décor, Load in to Cleanup. We’ll need help from the spring, through to Auction Night in November.
Special Volunteer Positions
Do you have special skills or interests that you want to apply to a focused area? Here are our dedicated volunteer opportunities, where you can really shine. Team members welcome in all the following areas, if behind-the-scenes work is more your style. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferences.
- Auction Chair
- Education Director
- Exhibition Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Family Programs Coordinator
- Grant Writer
- Newsletter Editor
- Social Media Manager