Member Call for Art
Anything Goes (Within Reason)
Exhibition: November 3, 2016–January 24, 2017
Submission Deadline (Extended!): September 21, 2016
Guest Juror: Fred Lisaius
artEAST Members are invited to submit 2-D work for consideration, to be featured in this juried exhibition at Blakely Hall. Anything Goes (Within Reason) will showcase a broad range of artistic styles and mediums from our talented membership.
Blakely Hall is a busy gathering place during the holidays, hosting tons of civic and community events, so it will be a great time to get your work on the walls!
This year we are honored to have Fred Lisaius, working artist and art educator, as our quest juror. Fred will select three art pieces to highland and talk about during the reception. Fred Lisaius’s paintings are informed by nature, literature and life experiences. Fred is interested in exploring our connection to the natural world and each other. He is represented locally by the Patricia Rovzar Gallery. Fred is also an art educator: he teaches beginners and advanced classes in watercolor painting, and advanced classes in acrylic painting and drawing in continuing education at Bellevue College. Fred says it’s very rewarding to share his knowledge and passion for art and the art making process.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, September 21st, 2016, midnight (Extended from original deadline)
Art Intake: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 11am–12:30pm at Blakely Hall
Opening Reception: Wednesday, November 16th, 6–7:30pm
Exhibition Dates: November 3, 2016–January 24, 2017
Art Pickup: Tuesday, January 24th, 2017, 11am–12:30pm
This is an open call for a juried exhibition.
- Must be an artEAST member to participate. Not a member? Click here to join now!
- Artists may submit up to three (3) works for the jury process, maximum size approximately 30 x 40″.
- Work must be original, complete, and not previously juried at an artEAST exhibition.
- Artists should submit a 100 word or less artist statement related to the work being submitted.
- Items submitted for consideration must be the items that will be in the show, if accepted.
- All 2-D work must be framed OR gallery wrapped canvas and wired ready to hang (no sawtooth hangers).
- Artists are responsible for physical delivery and pickup of their accepted artwork(s).
- Artists are expected to be available to assist with volunteer jobs related to the show.
- You will be asked to sign the Gallery Release form and an Artist Inventory listing the piece(s) on intake.
- A current W-9 form must be on file to pay commission on any sales, which will be processed at the end of the exhibition.
- All sales will go through the artEAST Gallery sales desk.
- A 35% commission fee will be taken on all exhibition sales.
- Artists are responsible for reading and following the exhibition guidelines and expectations.
To apply to the exhibition
1. Prepare your .JPG files to the following specifications:
- File format: JPEG only
- File dimensions: Use maximum image size of 1200 pixels on the longest dimension
- File resolution: Save at 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
- File size: 3 MB maximum
- Rename your files with your last name and a number. For example: Doe_01.jpg, Doe_02.jpg.
2. Send us the following information by email (ExAnything16@arteast.org) or post (artEAST, 95 Front St. N, Issaquah WA 98027).
- Subject: Submit to Anything Goes 2016
- Contact information: Name, best phone number to reach you, mailing address, and website if you have one.
- Whether you are a current artEAST member
- Your artist statement (relating to your submission and/or exhibit theme), in 100 words or less
3. Provide your artwork images as email attachments or on a CD. For each piece of art submitted, provide:
- Year completed
- Finished dimensions (including frame)
The curator will make every effort to let you know if any information is missing, but it’s your responsibility to ensure that your information is complete. If you have any questions, please contact ExAnything16@arteast.org or call (425) 392-3191.